In the spirit of Idol Gives Back (which airs tonight!) I was inspired to 'give back'. No, I won't be giving you money, or feeding the poor, but you (yes you) will (possibly) win a prize that consists of a random combination of my excess (un-used of course) Bath & Body Works products! (possibly the only benefit of working there is that i get stuff really cheap).
A couple of my friends, Bethany and Margo, have this Pay it Forward lottery thingy on their blogs. All you have to do is put a comment on the post and they will enter you into a drawing, and then you get something if you win, and then you get to do it on your blog. Well, it takes a week to find out if you win, and I'm not so good at waiting and seeing. You see, generally, I only like results. And I don't like the process of getting those results. Don't get me wrong, I still hope I win, because i really like winning stuff. But I also really like to give stuff away! So, this is my version of their Pay It Forward thing (with a few minor changes).
PRO: since I'm not calling it 'pay it forward', you don't actually have to 'pay it forward' if you win! just sit back and relax with your prize.
CON: I'm going to make you earn your prize! Instead of simply commenting on this post, your comment has to include.....
(1)the name of your favorite book and/or
(2) if you had a $1000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be? and/or
(3)if you had an endless supply of one food, what would it be?
(optional: you can also include what you like best about me. no pressure, totally optional).
I also thought maybe with the lure of a prize, i could get some of my friends and family who I know read this blog, to try making a comment-it's really fun guys!- and maybe you'll win, and worst case scenario, you won't win! worst case scenario for me is that no one will comment, and the harsh reality will hit me that I have no friends, even when i am offering them fabulous prizes to publicly display said friendship.......
Anyhoo, I will post the name of the winner on April 18th. May the best 'The Neal World' reader win!
21 comments:
I'm going to out myself in hopes of winning. I'm a lurker (also known as blog stalker...but I'm really nice, so it's ok. Seriously.) Yes, I admit it. I am Katie Stirling's next door neighbor. I think you are hilarious, and I just wanted to let you know it.
Okay I think this is brilliant! 1-I really don't have one favorite book but I do really like any that are set around the time of WWII. (does that count?)2-If I had a $1000 I think I would would have to say H&M or maybe some thrift store since I love a bargain. 3-I would love an endless supply of dark chocolate or Pepperjack cheese. I think you are hilarious. I love checking out you blog.
I'll admit...I check your blog too often. :) 1. Book - family photo ablums...nerdy, I know. 2. $1000 - Home Depot...then I can do all the home projects I want! (I'm not so into clothes.) 3. Food - PASTA. I like Vanessa because although we knew eachother a pretty short time, she always acts like she remembers me and cares about me. DID I WIN?!! :)
This is hilarious. I love reading your blog. You always have something funny to say. So I am totally hoping to win...1)I love the Twilight series. I am ready to read the series again before book number four comes out. 2) If I had some extra cash, I would for sure do some home improvement jobs like put in new carpet or pergo floors. 3) Endless amount of candy. I am sure I would get sick of it after a while but who does not like candy, then I would have an endless amount of candy to share with everyone. Keep the fun post coming. You are so kind and good hearted. Please stay here. We will be sad to see your family go.
So while I don't need ANY more B&B product (you've given me so much already-thanks!) I'm not one to pass up an opportunity to talk about myself somewhere other than my own blog AND although I'm sure you don't need a comment from me to validate our friendship, I didn't want you to be hurt or second guess that friendship if I didn't comment! SO with the formalities out of the way:
1) Unfortunately I'm not a big reader but I do love children's books. One of my favorite children's books is: Animalia.
2)Hmmm $1000 at any store: I'm pretty practical so I'd say Target. That way I could buy anything from clothing for the whole family to batteries and household products.
3)An endless supply of one food: All varieties of perfectly ripened fruit.
I like Vanessa because she's just so darn down to earth and funny and she makes really good food and she likes to shop at the thrift store and she uses quotes from Billy Madison.
1. Book: To Kill a Mockingbird or A Prayer for Owen Meany or There Eyes were Watching God or . . .
2. Store: Always in Stitches.
3. Food: Perfectly Frosted Soft Sugar Cookies.
This comment-enticing-post is just one example why I like Vanessa Neal. You are hilarious. And I love to laugh in the middle of my days when I read your latest bloggity blog. And the memories of newly wedded bliss in teeny tiny apartments . . .
I hope I win! 1) Favorite book of all time? The Great Gatsby 2) Nordstroms or Anthropologie 3) Chocolate- totally addicted :)
You are so funny- love reading your blog!
This is great!!
1. I have really liked the Twilight series.
2. Target would be my choice. I could get so many great things their for $1000.00
3. a really good orange, or any other great fruit.
There are so many wonderful things to say about you. I loved getting together with the kids when we lived in Columbus. You might not have known it but I was really having some hard times. You were such a great friend and really lifted my spirits. You are a very caring and genuine person. I love that we have the blogs to stay in touch. I love reading your blog! Your the best:-)
1.book:harry potter series. sorry it's not original but i'm a rabid fan.
2.shopping spree: GStar store in new york only $1000 wouldn't go very far
3.food: well, can it be a beverage? the Lorina lemonade
4. what i like about you? you have come up with the best nicknames for me out of anyone in my whole life.
1. Pride and Prejudice--you laugh, you cry, it's better than CATS.
2. Banana Republic--with my sister-in-law's discount or Nordstrom.
3. Food--Decadent Desserts--a variety, please.
4. You are hilarious. I love the way you write.
You won't even remember me (Susan Buxton). Remember - Peoa/Oakley days. We moved here in 1999. You weren't here very long. I found your blog. I go there often. I love the cooking one especially. You have a flair for writing. Where are you now days?
Read Tuesdays with Morrie if you want to really "feel".
I'd spend $1000 on medical expenses this year (Dale had a bad 4 wheeling accident last year and we're still trying to recovery, mentally and physically and financially.. But Target would definitely be on my list.
Regarding endless amounts of food. Just say I could do chocolate for a long long long long long time.
Hope things are well.
Keep writing. You're amazing.
Okay, I love so many books but I will go with my favorite comedy, "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophia Kinsella. It is hilarious!
Since, it is finally spring I would spend my $1000 at a garden center, I love to TRY and grow things; and unfortunately for my husband I have big plans for our yard this year. I would want chocolate and carmel because you really shouldn't have one without the other. And most importantly the thing that I love most about Vanessa is I am always happier after I have talked to her! I love you Nessa
This is great!
My favorite book: I really like too many books, but it's a tie between Harry Potter and the Twilight series.
$1000 shopping spree: I honestly hate shopping, mostly because I have to take the kids. I would a couple hundred for a babysitter and the rest for clothes!
Endless supply of food: Ice cream! Let's face it, I am a sucker for it. I can't help it!
And you: Well you are hilarious. I love reading your blog
So really I'm not Brian, but his much cooler wife, Sarah. And I'm super new to this whole blogging thing (this is my first post of any kind) so I don't have my own "identity" apparently. Oh well! You know who I am.
1. This is tricky. I like books. And it's hard to pick just one, but I will go with Pride and Prejudice. Make Mrs. Davis proud.
2. $1,000 shopping spree- Anthropologie or Williams-Sonoma.
3. frosting and ranch dressing. Because there is no food that can not be improved with one or the other condiment.
I like you because you are my best friend from high school and you make me laugh! Also, you are a great mom and an inspiration! Plus, I like the fact that our only "fight" has been over meat or no meat in spaghetti sauce. That's a true friend. Love you!
1. Too many to list, but the one that impressed me the most in the last few years was "Covenant" by James Michener - not a church book p.s. 2. I'd spend $1000 at Home Depot. Oh wait...already have. Well, I'd spend another $1000. 3. I'd love an endless supply of hot rolls, but then I would gain an endless amount of weight and that just wouldn't work. (I never make rolls for myself because of my lack of self-control.) 4. Too many things I love about you to list, but you are ranked as my #1 funniest blogger friend and that's a really important title to hold.
(1)my favorite changes with my mood, but for this moment in time i'm going to go with "By the river piedra I sat down and wept" and of course the old stand-by Last Unicorn and Lord of the Rings
(2) this might sound a bit self obsessed, but I'd totally go shopping in my store :) since I'm buying the stuff for the store, I obviously love what I pick out!
(3)my first answer would be chocolate, but I think I would blow up like the marshmellow man, so I'm going to say tropical, delicious happy fruit!
what do I like best about you? Why YOU of course, the whole sheee-bang. Can't wait to see you this weekend! I miss you guys so much.
(Gasp!) Vanes, it's me! Bribery brings out all sorts of blogs(as does the chance to talk about books)...
1)To Kill a Mockingbird. Besides Atticus's wise words about crawling into someone else's skin, I love the part when 5-year-old Scout starts to swear because of "the innate attractiveness of such words." I especially love when she asks her aunt to pass the damn ham.
2)I would say Pottery Barn Kids because my nursery needs some spiffing up (it's that or start putting boy number 3 in dresses), but 1,000 would only get me a lamp. So I'll say Western Gardens. I'm crazy about dirt.
3)Cadbury Eggs. I'd learn to live with the cankers.
Love you Vanes!
Well, since you actually went to the trouble of emailing those that hadn’t entered the contest . . . I suppose I’ll do it!
1. Favorite Book: Do magazines count? I LOVE Money Magazine. Seriously, I get so excited when it comes each month that I hide it away until I can dedicate my full self to reading it all the way through in one sitting.
2. $1,000 Shopping Spree: The Limited, Macy’s, Dillard’s shoes. Can't ever have enough shoes.
3. Endless Supply of One Food: Chocolate of course. And I’m not a picky chocolate eater. Could be ice cream, could be chocolate bars, candy bars, chocolate covered just about anything, hot chocolate, you name it.
And VL . . . well, she’s just so REAL it’s refreshing! She’s also way cute and funny and even though I haven’t seen her in 5+ years, it’s fun to keep up through blogs and such.
Ok, here goes.
1) Book. Wow, this is way too hard, but I'll go with Sense and Sensibility. I just love Elinor!
2) $1000. Well, V, you know me well enough to know that it has to be a shoe store or a handbag store, so let's just go with good old Macys that covers them both. (Or, if you and mom are coming along, then give me a thrift store anyday.)
3) Food. MEXICAN, baby!
And of course, I love V because she is the best sister in law one could have! (When you're choosing winners, remember, family comes first!) :)
oh man, looks like the competition is pretty stiff. ok, here are my answers:
1. my very favorite book is probably this little book called "I Like You". I think it's a children's book, but I don't care. It's great.
2. I would spend all that cash at Anthropologie.
3. Rice
4. I can't pick just one favorite thing about vanessa, but one of my favorites is her sense of humor.
PICK ME! PICK ME!
mandi- hi! that was very brave of you to out yourself! but don't worry, i blog stalk like it's my part-time job or something.
and susan! - of COURSE I remember you! I remember everyone. in fact, i'm amazed you remember ME, no one remembers me.
anne!-you've ventured into the blogging world! I am so proud! does this mean the solid gold might soon be blessed with the same honor?...i'm still waiting for my thanksgiving present! :)
Post a Comment