Friday, September 24, 2010

It's not a food-baby...

In case you're wondering, I didn't just have a big lunch... that's a baby in there! (But, also, I probably did have a big lunch). Jared and I will soon be outnumbered, with baby #3 on the way! We are just so excited and felt like this would never happen for us. We've been trying for longer than I'd like to say. (it's in the "years" range). So, one year of fertility treatment later, and one miscarriage later, we are finally getting what we've been hoping and praying for! My due date is April 3rd, but I'll have a scheduled c-section about a week prior.

Sam and Gracie are really happy. Sam has already named the baby and calls it by it's name. On girl days, he calls it Savanna, and on boy days he calls it Colby Jackson.
Gracie is very excited, but here's how it went when we told her:
Me: "Mommy's going to have a baby!" (or something like that, it sounds dumb when I type it, so I'm hoping it didn't sound that dumb when I said it).
Gracie: "Oh! Great!....."
Gracie:"...Wait....how long have you known about this?"

18 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting.

pamela said...

i'm very happy for you vanessa!

Evaly said...

Congratulations!!! What a blessing and always worth the wait :) Best wishes!

natalie said...

yay! i'm thrilled for you all!

lisa said...

Um, I'm going to need to see a picture of you. And I can't wait for this!

Alisa said...

Hallelujah! I'm sooooo happy for you guys!! Congrats!

Audrey said...

SO SO SO happy for you! Too bad we live so far apart. It would be great to be close when we are having our babies so close together.

Unknown said...

Hooray for fertility treatments! So happy it finally worked!

Kristen said...

Yay! Congratulations! I hope it's an easy, breezy, beautiful pregnancy! :)

sorensens said...

Congratulations. I hope this means you get an easy pregnancy.

Anne said...

Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah! Lucky baby.

leadatortilla said...

I'm so happy for you!! Congrats - now push some of those vibes in Lara's direction.....

suzy said...

We are so happy for you! I hope you are feeling well--if that is possible when you are pregnant. Are you going to find out what it is?

Shae said...

congrats! great news!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Yeah! Congrats! You have adorable kids.

Margo said...

I am so overjoyed for you. I had no idea you have been struggling with this. I am so thrilled that every thing has worked out. enjoy the whole thing. love ya.

Our Sweet Life said...

Congratulations!!

Jules said...

We are so excited for you!! I love your spunky kids and sure this one will just as fun!