Monday, March 9, 2009

Mom Went To Time Out!

So, Deseret Book puts on this fun weekend called "Time Out For Women". It was in Denver this last weekend and I got to go with some friends. We had a great time!

When G talked to my in-laws, this is what she told them about my whereabouts:
G: Mom went to Time Out.
In-laws: Oh no, what did she do to have to go to time out?
G: She Broke a window.
In-laws: Oh! how did that happen??
G: She threw a knife through it.
What??
Nice.
My favorite speaker was Mark Mabry. He is a photographer who did the series "Reflections of Christ". He was so funny and down to earth and his story is really interesting.I thought about cropping out the "Food Service" sign in the background, but it was sort of appropriate. We did a lot of eating this weekend. I would say that the food portion of our weekend was as important as the conference part.

Also, J took some really cute pics of the kids this weekend...

Bubs made a stoplight out of common household items:
A good weekend was had by all!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

A knife through the window, huh? Should I be calling child services?!! ;-)

Oh, and LOVE the photos J took!

Kim said...

"She threw a knife through the window"...Yep. That sounds like you.
Time to get that temper of yours under control before someone gets hurt Vanessa.
Love,
A concerned friend.

Greg and Lara said...

Those are amazing pics! I've got about 20 extra reed knives if you'd like to borrow. :)

Jeniece said...

G says the funniest things! She must be a riot! So glad you were able to get time away, and also glad Jared didn't lose his job. Phew. Just wanted to leave you a note to say hi!