Wednesday, December 17, 2008

That's goona leave a mark.

G: "Mom, can I draw your portrait?"
Me: "Sure!" (straightening up my hair)(turns out that was not necessary)
(G starts sketching away on the magna doodle.)
Me: "ooh, I like those eyelashes you are making on me!"
G: "those aren't eyelashes, those are the lines around your eyes"
Me: "Oh."
Me: "wait, what is that around my mouth? Did I just eat a donut or something?"
G: "No, you have lines around your mouth"
Me: "Oh."
G: "Do you want me to draw the lines on your forehead?"
Me: "That's really not necessary."

15 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my, I love it! You make me laugh. Just for the record, Gracie's rendering looks nothing like the real you. :)

Kim said...

Oh geez...I looked at it again and I can't stop chuckling! Seriously, too stinking funny.

Kris said...

I can hardly type this I'm laughing so hard. That girl is one of a kind...

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

oh my gosh! I am laughing right now. You're so funny. For the record that looks nothing like you. You are obviously much cuter.

Katie said...

I am making the ugly face I am laughing so hard right now.

Rynell said...

She is so funny!

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, you are so good at this whole bloggin' stuff :o)
I had to comment on the new one, Gracie is tooooooo funny. And I agree you are much cuter. *laughing pains*

Alisa said...

Hahaha...she has quite the imagination! We all know you don't look a day over 20!

Kristen said...

I don't even know what to say except that maybe it's not such a bad thing that Connor can't speak...OR draw yet. :) Hehe, very funny!! I love reading your blog. Your kids provide you with such entertaining posting ideas. :)

Alayna's Creations said...

too, too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Greg and Lara said...

G. is HYSTERICAL! You must be laughing all the time...thus the laughing lines? :)

Sara said...

Oh I love it. Love it. Love it.

Jules said...

And did you tell her the lines are from HER?!?!? That's what I would have said. Or at least thought of two minutes too late.

Ruth said...

Sorry to laugh at your expense, but that is hilarious! (like Kim said, it looks nothing like you!!) Gotta love kids!

Tim and Angie said...

That is hilarious!! It is a good thing we all know you are gorgeous. Kids have a way of pointing out the details we all hope everyone is over looking. My freckles were always a favorite for kids to point out. My daughter told me I look like Pete (the fat villian on Micky Mouse) the other day. Granted, I'm pregnant, but no one ever wants to look like Pete.