So, for about the last 4-5 months, the new Coldplay album (Viva la Vida) has been my album of choice. My very favorite song that i obsessively play on repeat is "Lost"(you can find it in my little sidebar playlist thingy if you want to hear it). It's great, it's got clapping, organ playing, I mean, what more could you possibly want in a song? Well, yesterday, Jared came home with Coldplay's new EP that has 8 new/newly arranged songs. Well, I of course skip through until I find "Lost" and about halfway through the song, I hear "Uh-huh" in a familiar voice. And in my own screechy voice say to Jared "That's Jay-Z!". He got out the package and sure enough, #6 on the CD is "Lost featuring Jay-Z". Coldplay, you dudes are the best. You take an awesome song and make it freakishly awesome.
**note to my fellow mom-friends: while the addition of jay-z to "Lost" is pretty sweet, it doesn't make it particularly "family friendly". so, stick to the original for carpool.
2 comments:
Yes! I saw a clip of them performing together live, and my respect for Cold Play skyrocketed. They actually sound great together too.
i'm so out of it i don't even know who jz is.
and i'm SO excited to see you!!!!
Post a Comment