Thursday, October 30, 2008

"How I Spent My Fall Break". By V. Neal

The school district here does this crazy thing where they are off for a week in the fall. So, we had some out of town Neals come to visit us and test out the new house and the new state with us.
Grandma, Bubba, and...WHOA, A BEAR! just kidding, not a real bear.

Now, these next pictures were all taken at a tea room in a castle. We went there for lunch and it was so much fun. You get to wear these fun hats (hats are not normally my idea of fun, but this is a rare exception) and they serve you tea sandwiches and tea (well, we had lemonade, but you get the idea..) This particular tea room holds a special place in my heart. (pretty sure i've never said "holds a special place in my heart" before) because growing up going to colorado on family vacations, we would always go here and it was always my favorite part of the trip. So, it was really fun for me to take my kids there. Thanks to John, Rosemarie and Kristy for bearing with me and acting like the tea room and the hats and all were fun.

Well, John wasn't that great at acting like the hats were fun.

Come to think of it, J wasn't either.

During the course of the week, we did much more than pictured. For example, I spent a good chunk of time trying to get Bubba to stop yelling "POOP!" and "TOOT!" So,... that was fun. Also, we had a few days of solid shopping. This is purely my opinion, but I think a good time was had by all Neals during Fall Break. And their was neither "falling" nor "breaking" of anything at all. wow, I think I've reached an all time low.

5 comments:

lisa said...

Jared reminds me of the Monopoly guy in that hat.

How come I never got a Fall break when I was in school?

Kris said...

As one of the out of town Neals, I can second that a great time was had by all. The only thing that would have topped is an all Neal trip to HSM3(oh, or another trip to the Nike Outlet). :)

Sara said...

Oh I love the hats!

What is the place with the fun hats and tea parties?

Unknown said...

i can't believe you guys went to the tea room at the castle! please tell me one of you got the towering sundae shake thing almost as tall as sam? i hope you stopped in the train room too...the kids must have loved that

Alisa said...

The photo of you and Jared is soooo cute!