Monday, October 15, 2007

Why I love Salad....25 Words or Less

I love the crispy healthy feeling of eating a salad. And there are so many opportunities for goodness. Everyone has their own combination for success.
Apparently 25 words are a lot shorter than I thought....so I'll have to add a footnote to my salad essay.
My perfect salad:
lettuce (of course) (preferably romaine or green leaf)
cucumber
kidney beans
alfalfa sprouts
cheddar cheese
red grapes
avocado
diced ham
sunflower seeds
dressing:
a light drizzling of blue cheese dressing
a big scoop of cottage cheese on top

How would you make your perfect salad? or maybe you hate salad. either way, holla back.

4 comments:

alerixon said...

I love me some salad. I gotta go with crisp romaine hearts and some baby spinach, olives, croutons, onions, shredded carrots and the best dressing in the world made by Brady. Balsamic vinegar, dash of virgin olive oil, bit of soy milk and honey, garlic, thyme, basil and hint of chili pepper. 1. 2. 3. in the magic bullet and voila! heaven in drizzable form

pamela said...

i love how your blog looks. let me tell you that the only salad i love is the one that someone else makes. for some reason i just don't like my own salads.

Jessica said...

I love a good salad. Mine would go like this: crisp romaine, baby spinach leaves, sliced thin red onion, roma tomatoes, cucumber, chopped hard boiled eggs, fresh grated parmesan cheese, ham or turkey (sometimes) and top it off with homemade ranch dressing, or really good store bought kind. And of course croutons. I also really love poppyseed dressing. Yumm, now I totally want a salad.

Rynell said...

I like a salad with spinach & romaine, cooked chicken or shrimp, diced apples, red onion, celery, candied nuts and homemade dressing.

OR just one someone else makes. That's always great.