The other night around 11 pm (Jared was gone at graduation) I was upstairs watching a movie on the laptop and the battery started getting low, so I needed to go downstairs to get the charger. I started down the stairs and then froze on the landing b/c I heard someone downstairs (I'm sort of a scaredy cat anyways, but when jared's not home and it's night time, scaredy cat times ten). I stood there forever listening to see if it was really a person downstairs or if it was just my imagination. I didn't hear much more sound, but I just felt like there was a person down there. So of course I was trying to think of what to do, do I sneak back upstairs and call 911? I mean, how much time do I really have if there is a killer in my house, probably they're going to be looking for people to kill pretty soon, so it's probably pointless to call 911....
well, just then, I saw an actual person come out from underneath the stairs!!! (at this point, I still sort of thought I was imagining a person in the house....)
my eyes were fixed on the person as they came out more into my view.......it was little gracie! she looked so confused and half asleep. I asked her why she was under there, and she said, "underwear"? just kidding. She said that she didn't know, that she just woke up and was sitting under the stairs. She was sleepwalking! and I think I must have woken her up when I started down the stairs.
scared the bejeesies out me. the. bejeesies.
the end.
11 comments:
Scary! How did she negotiate the stairs asleep? yikes. Kristin did the sleepwalk across Nikki's floor covered in legos once, didn't even wake up. Was G freaked or just confused? Remember the crazy things Jess used to say in her sleep? :-)
sleepwalking is seriously so scary. i STILL do it. my kids do it. all kinds of weird stuff. i'm so glad it wasn't an intruder.
So scary! I'm glad that you froze, and didn't go any further to "investigate". I never understand why people would want to investigate. They should be hiding instead.
I am so happy that you found me! Don't think I am a loser because I responded to you in like 3 minutes, even though I kind of am. Your family is the cutest! Where do you live now? You know, the cps is the tie that binds. You are now on my blog list!
I had a friend in high school who always knew she had slept walked when she woke up in the morning and didn't have her retainer in her mouth. She'd have to go search for it--found it in the freezer, in the garbage can, in her backpack. Also had a river guide friend who slept walked on the river--one night I woke up because he had jumped in the water and was trying to push the boats while yelling about being stuck on a rock. Sure freaked me out!
Glad it wasn't a murderer.
Is a post about a fake murderer a good time to admit that I've been blogstalking (reading and not leaving comments) you for a little while now??? I love your blog and miss our days at the cps!! -Kristen Bird
that scared me just reading about it! i'm so glad it was just gracie. Even so, if it would have been me, I still would have totally flipped out before I realized it was her.
I am a lot like you--I hate the dark and the basement when Alan is not home! Maybe I will be brave someday!
Oh, sooo scary- I hate those moments and I hate being alone and hearing noises- it reminds me when our doorbell rang at 9:00 p.m. when Ben was not home. . . it gives me the jeeper creepers- scary!
Did you scream? I would have totally screamed!
So scary! I was notorious for sleepwalking growing up. Just ask my family...there are great tales about me going to the middle of the street in the middle of the night and screaming "Mommy" until she came and got me. Oh, and the time I rang the neighbors doorbell, and stood there until they took me home. Wowzers. Keep those doors locked!
Post a Comment