Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Dude

It's my Husband's birthday today. Now, I could go on and on about how amazing slash wonderful he is like most blogging-women do when it's their hubby's birthday. But,
1. If you know him, you know that he is awesome. And if you don't know him, you probably know me, and, well... you do the math.
2. What I really want to talk about is how I have to share my day (being a mother and all) with his birthday. (Let me just throw in there that I do in fact absolutely adore Jared and am totally thankful for his birth ...) But, did I have to do dishes today? Yes. Did I have to cook a meal today? Yes. (I want a do-over mother's day.)
Ok, now that it's out in the open, back to Jared. Who is amazing slash wonderful.
We went on a major man-date this weekend to celebrate his continuation onto his 32nd year of life. (Is my husband really 32??). We started off by going to a movie of his choosing... Star Trek (boy movie). ("Hi, we're nerds and would like 2 tickets to the 3:30 Star Trek please" is what I said to the guy at the box office). After the Star Trek, we went to Rodizio Grill (Boy Restaurant). Major meat consumption occurred. So, Space Movie + Meat Restaurant = Amazing slash wonderful birthday date!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds amazing/wonderful. I've always wanted to go to Rodizio-those Brazilian restaurants are the best. I also would like a Mother's Day re-do. One where no one touches me or talks to me.

pamela said...

oh how i love you and this post. see bryan is always whining about how mothers day 'ovreshadows' his birthday.

Jan said...

I love when you post because I always laugh out loud (I just hate writing LOL so I won't).

Jan said...

Vanes,
That last comment comes from me--Kate--I didn't realize my mom was signed into her gmail account on our computer.

-Kate

lisa said...

Lee was complaining all day about sharing his birthday with Mother's Day, but I had your back (and moms in general), don't worry. Happy Birthday Jared!

alerixon said...

Happy B-day Jared and happy cool mama's day Ness! :-) Love you both

emily said...

Jared and Beck share the same birthday! Therefore, I shared your same fate. :)

Vanessa said...

Wow! Lisa's hubs Lee, Pammy's hubs Brian and Emily's son Beck ALL have the same birthday as Jared! (and as mother's day this year, and again in a couple of years....sorry guys!)

Preeces said...

Flip, I love Rodizios. I haven't had that in so long. You crack me up!