Pan to 5 minutes later when she has started actually making the eggs. You would not believe how hard it was for me to just step back and let her make(aka: mangle, squish, maim, maul) these eggs. I physically had to clasp my hands together so as to not reach out and grab it out of her hands! It's like when your toddler is getting a shot and they ask you to hold their hands because their instinct is to grab the needle. Only in this case, I was the toddler, and the deviled eggs were the needle. Who knew I was such a control freak!? well, most people probably.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Eggs Again
The Easter bunny so generously left an American Girl Cookbook in Gracie's Easter basket this year. In this cookbook was a recipe for deviled eggs...a perfect first recipe for a 6 year old girl on Easter (with ease of execution and a plentiful amount of boiled eggs), wouldn't you agree?
Pan to 5 minutes later when she has started actually making the eggs. You would not believe how hard it was for me to just step back and let her make(aka: mangle, squish, maim, maul) these eggs. I physically had to clasp my hands together so as to not reach out and grab it out of her hands! It's like when your toddler is getting a shot and they ask you to hold their hands because their instinct is to grab the needle. Only in this case, I was the toddler, and the deviled eggs were the needle. Who knew I was such a control freak!? well, most people probably.
p.s. This is my second post about eggs in the last couple of months. And I don't think it's normal.
Pan to 5 minutes later when she has started actually making the eggs. You would not believe how hard it was for me to just step back and let her make(aka: mangle, squish, maim, maul) these eggs. I physically had to clasp my hands together so as to not reach out and grab it out of her hands! It's like when your toddler is getting a shot and they ask you to hold their hands because their instinct is to grab the needle. Only in this case, I was the toddler, and the deviled eggs were the needle. Who knew I was such a control freak!? well, most people probably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Why not I love eggs! They are right up there with chocolate, carmel, okay maybe not right up there but still very yummy! Cooking with kids always sounds like a great idea, but is always a lesson in patience for my too.
they look beautiful!
Gracie might just be a chef yet - that picture looks like it came from a magazine! I think this cooking thing is good for the both of you. :)
funny egg stories says Ben! He says Hi!
Oh, you are FUNNY! I enjoyed reading your blog and I'm sorry that it has been so long since I checked it. I've got you on my "bloglines" now - so I won't miss you again. You have a beautiful family and I hope to find more posts soon!
Please pass along to master chef Grace that I am anxiously waiting to sample her culinary skills :-) I wonder what happened to that cookbook from Grandma's, the next best recipe for lil ones is def smores!
Post a Comment