Monday, December 8, 2008

She's Growing Up So Fast

Guess what? Lisa is getting married! And on friday, I packed up my blue suitcase, reminded Jared to feed and bathe the children while I was away, and headed to SLC to throw her a bridal shower!
Shortly after Lisa picked me up from the airport, I had something very important to take care of, so we went straight to Cafe Rio so that I could eat me some pork salad.




Among some of Lisa's shower gifts were, The Loving Game (Now, I'm no expert on board games, but the cover makes it look like the sort of thing that could really keep a marriage alive) and a cute little family of owls. So, Lisa and Lee are pretty much set.

Also, I got to go out to dinner with some of my favorite friends! It was so fun to see these girls and catch up over some delicious sushi!


A couple of highlights of my time with Lisa:
1. Seeing the slanket firsthand
2. Fresca and caramel popcorn for breakfast.
3. Popcorn buffet at Lisa's shower (my genius at work)(apparently my genius is only good for coming up with food-related ideas)
4. NOT ordering nads from an infomercial and being sorely disappointed (we learned our lesson the first time).
5. Staying up entirely too late (or too early) every night
6. Long uninterrupted conversations about The Bachelor.

6 comments:

Shae said...

How fun! You are such a good friend! The popcorn buffet looked awesome!

lisa said...

Thank you thank you thank you! I loved my shower and I loved having you stay with me for the weekend and I loved not sleeping and only eating sugar. It was perfect.

Kristen said...

How fun!! When are you coming to Fresno to stay up all night and eat sugar with ME? ;) I'm glad you had a good time (and a big congrats to Lisa!)

Kim said...

Everything about it sounds awesome. Also, you look so pretty in all the pictures! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Alisa said...

Oh, the Loving Game! No marriage should be without it!

(oops...why is it that no one got that for me when I got married?!)

lisa c. said...

I just checked your blog and saw some cute girls I remember from freshman year!! Oh my gosh you guys look so good and it just reminded me of FHE and VTing freshman year! say hi to those girls for me!