Monday, August 25, 2008

My Lips Hurt Real Bad.

From pressing them together in fury.
And confusion.
I am terrified of natural disasters. I am a control freak and things like tornados, etc. just don't work out for me. Spending most of my life in Kansas, I have learned to deal with them, but made the decision to try my best to live somewhere away from the possibility of a tornado. One of the primary reasons for picking colorado was its (mostly) absence of natural disasters. (That and it's insane # of sunny days per year.) No hurricanes, tsunami's, tornados, earthquakes. The occasional blizzard, but I can totally handle that. So, seeing this out my window last night made me feel like I'd been lied to. I don't like being lied to, tornado.

13 comments:

lisa said...

scary! I wonder if you could somehow sue the state of Colorado for false advertising.

emily said...

You took that out your window?! Yikes.

pamela said...

oh i'm so sorry. this would do me and my kids in - we're all scaredy cats.

Shae said...

WOW! That is crazy! I think if I saw that I would run for the closet!! Was there much damage?! I'm with you...I hate natural disasters!

Holly said...

How scary! Glad you're ok!

Alisa said...

No WAY!!! Holy cow!! I can't believe you really took that photo!

First and foremost, it's a PERFECT photo! OH yes, and I'm glad you're okay :-)

Crazy!

Kim said...

that is wild! stinks when you live in a 2nd story apt too. glad you're okay!

Vanessa said...

I guess I should have mentioned that this tornado didn't do any damage! which is pretty unbelievable. It managed to avoid any people, houses, or trailer parks.
I think everyone here felt very lucky.

alerixon said...

uhhh WAH?!?!? doode, you're not in Kansas anymore. . yeah, could't help it. Obviously such an original comment, never heard that one before. Maybe the penguin did it?

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Scary! I always think it would be cool to see a toranado, but then looking at actual picks of them keeps me wiery!!! That is a beautiful picture! Well done! Who ever heard of tornadoes in colorado?!

Greg and Lara said...

You REALLY took that picture? I'm kind of jealous. All those years in KS and I never saw a tornado. You move to CO and BAM, a month later you see one. What's up with that?

Jessica said...

Were you just freaking out?!?
I would have been. I would have never thought that a tornado would hit Colorado. That is just crazy! I am so glad that it did not do any damage, and that you guys are OK.

Lisa said...

I lived in Texas for several years growing up and it left me with a primal fear of tornadoes, but I have still never seen one. I'm a little jealous.

Living here in Ohio I never thought we'd get hit by a hurricane, but then Ike came along and taught me never to think you're safe living several states from the ocean.