Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oh No You Didn't, China.

Seemingly normal child's plate, right? Sweet how there's one bear swinging, one with a present, and one taking a nap on the moon. Harmless, right?
Wrong. You see, the other day, we made a horrifying discovery about this sweet little plate. It was a day like any other day and G was eating her lunch off of this plate when she says to me,
"Hey mom, what does P-E-N-I-S spell?"
Me: "(nervous laughter) uhh, what sweetie?" (i asked her this even though i heard what she said in order to buy myself some time...)
G: (She points to her plate) "Right here mom, on my plate, what does this spell?"
I looked over at her plate in confusion as she pointed to the bottom right hand corner of the section of the plate that belongs to the little bear taking a nap...

Yep, there it is, the exact word that she spelled for me. I looked on the underside of the plate to find out where it was manufactured. All it says is "Made in China". China has some 'splaining to do.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! That is too funny! Leave it to the kid to find it too, huh?

Jana said...

That is hilarious!

Jessica said...

Ha ha this is so funny! It is a cute plate:-)

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Ha, that's so funny and odd. So, did you tell her what it spelled? I'm sure you had a great birds and the bees talk.

Audrey said...

I want to know what you said to her? Because I just love it when my kids ask uncomfortable questions:)

Preeces said...

It's never to early to start using the correct terms for body parts! My house is full of them! Miss ya.

Evaly said...

LOL! :)

Steph & James said...

p.s. I am your newest blog stalker. :)

www.thewoolfpack.com

Jules said...

Hilarious. I have to wonder, why? Do you think it really says "Denis"? Like maybe he was the artist of the beautiful plate?

sorensens said...

that is really funny, not exactly the lunch conversation you were planning on having.

Karen

emilyy said...

So did you tell her what it spells?

Vanessa said...

i told her it said Dennis. Like the man's name. so, i didn't lie exactly, just took the cowards way out by telling her my interpretation of something that might be true and that i really hoped to be true.
except, who's ever heard of a man named Dennis spelling it d-e-n-i-s? not this guy.

Katie said...

That's great! I would have gone with Dennis, too. It's a stretch, but the P almost looks like a D.

Alisa said...

Surely there are a lot of Chinese guys with the name "Penis." I must them the benefit of the doubt...

:-)

pamela said...

oh vanessa. that bear taking a nap can be really tricky.

Greg and Lara said...

Where can I get myself one of those plates?