I've never been to Washington D.C. before, and why has no one ever told me that it's a lot like Las Vegas? Everything is so fancy and over the top, some things verging on ostentatious...(the distinguishing factor for each place being that one is tacky, one is classy, i don't like to point fingers, so i'll let you figure out for yourself which is which)I loved it! J's sister, Kristy, moved there about a year ago, so we went to see her.
First things first. Accessories. We'd only been there about 5 minutes when, G, Grandma and I started trying on shoes, and coveting handbags, etc. Kristy has the best accessories.


J, S, and G with Grandma
Aunt K with G
G getting a wiping lesson from Igor the Excellent Wiper. I told J that if he, I mean Igor, doesn't stop making getting wiped so fun, she's never going to wipe her own bum.
The National Zoo was so fun, not mention free. And within walking distance from Kristy's apt.

One of J's best friends, Sam, lives near D.C., and we were able to go see them. It was great because they have children the same ages as ours.

This is at the Natural History Museum, which G LOVED. She has been really into dinosaurs lately. The best was that she had brought a little notepad and pen with her, and as soon as we got into the dinosaur part, she took it out and was walking around 'taking notes'.
Generally, I'm not a super museum-lover-type, but a free and actually cool museum is a whole different story.
This was at the Botanical Gardens, they had an orchid display from A-Z or something like that, this is G with the G.
A cool cactus in the botanical gardens.
The crew. Let's face it, anything that got us away from this excruciatingly long Ohio winter would have been fabulous, but we really did have such a great time, what a fun trip!
11 comments:
How FUN!! I love that first picture of Gracie. What a true Girlie Girl. D.C. looks like a dream vacation. Glad you guys had a good time:-)
What a fun a fun trip! (I LOVE DC!) But going anywhere that doesn't require a winter coat sounds really good to me. (Like the new look of your blog, by the way!)
I love the pictures. I really need to get away on vacation. I love the new flower pictures on your blog as well.
i think natural history museums are like torture to most kids, but as an adult, i LOVE them! i can't get enough.
i'm glad you got to go, everyone needs a break.
Your pics make me miss DC...can't believe we moved almost a year ago already! Glad you guys had a good time.
-sa
thanks margo, i took those at the Arboretum (sp?) in D.C. can you believe that flowers and trees were blooming there! i'm so jealous.
Wow, I didn't know you went to DC! It's about time you guys went on a vacation. How about Atlanta next time? I love the fact that you ate cake for breakfast and felt the need to confess it, that you are predictable and always get Twix, and I really loved Gracie's nicknames. I think she's too smart for her own good. P.S. You look great! I love your hair! Miss you!
Love the pic of g. at Vietnam mem. Bella has been G. on the wii since your visit. It was fun to see you guys!!
I think I'm headed there soon...thanks for the good tips!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!
oh, I LOVE the picture of her against the wall...that is SO perfect! I also love all the photos in the right-hand column!
Happy Birthday, Vanessa!
Post a Comment