Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's the cookie crunch, I think.


Whenever we go to the movies, my candy bar of choice is Twix. And it is usually gone before the previews are done. I feel incredibly boring when I am predictable like this. Well, tonight, J and I had a much needed date to the movies. We saw "Definitely, Maybe", which was enjoyable, though some of the parent-child behavior and social commentary on the acceptable-ness of divorce were maybe not the best, but that is beside the point. So, anyhoo, we stopped at the gas station on the way to get some candy bars. I decided to be spontaneous (I think maybe this where I go wrong sometimes, I'm not sure that one can "decide" to be spontaneous, it sort of ruins the spontaneity) and choose something other than a Twix. There were a lot of choices. Snickers, no. Hmmm, Baby Ruth's are always yummy. Oh yes, the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with caramel, don't mind if I do. I picked it up and marched up to the counter. Well, J, in all of his indecisive glory, was taking his sweet time picking his candy bar. And he took just enough time for me to change my mind and go back for the Twix. Sorry, Reese's PBC, maybe next time. But probably not. Twix, why do you have to be so delicious and make me seem so boring?

5 comments:

Kim said...

Hey, you know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." There's nothing wrong with an old standby!

Jessica said...

Oh yummy, that picture of the Twix bar looks so good to me right now. I am going to find some chocolate right now. :-)

pamela said...

you don't mess with a good thing. keep getting the twix.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
suzy said...

Wait to stick to your guns! The best candy bar ever made is the twix you know! My mouth is watering just thinking about it right now.