Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pappa's got a brand new bag

So since V and the kids are visiting family out of town and without internet access (the withdrawal headaches are starting to go away), I thought I, being the responsible husband I am, would commandeer the family blog. That is what the title of this post references, although perhaps I should not have used it since I am not entirely sure of it's implications. Maybe I should have said "there's a new sheriff in town" or something like that. Well as you can tell I don't really have much to contribute to the blog, which is why V keeps me away from it normally. My main reason for posting is so that the New Year's Eve picture of me will no longer be on the top of the page. V and the kids come home tomorrow so I guess I can come out of hibernation, shave and shower for the first time in a week and a half, and throw away all the frozen burrito wrappers strewn around the house.

5 comments:

lisa said...

I'm commenting on this, not because I have an actual comment, but because I want you to get at least one comment on your only blog post so far. This way, you will want to post again. Also, I think the origin of "pappa's got a brand new bag" has something to do with pimps. (i guess i did have a comment).

Vanessa said...

If it had been me writing the post, I think I would have entitled it "papa's got a brand new blog".
Even so, I commend you for your effort. And way to show me who's boss!

Vanessa said...

by the way, that was just a little constructive criticism for your next post. and look at you, 3 comments!

jared said...

First of all I would like to thank my loyal readers, both of you. Yes 3 comments is pretty impressive, but when 2 are from your wife...
And nessa, I was referring to me being home alone and doin' my own thang, not my new presence on the blog, but I always appreciate constructive criticism.

Anonymous said...

From your long lost friend, I hope you have a wonderful time alone, eating burritos, and watching anything you want on tv...
Have fun and I love the picture by the way!