Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The NWF (Neal Wrestling Federation )



G and S's favorite thing to do with their daddy is wrestling. It's one of those activities that I do not particularly enjoy, and without them actually saying so, I know that they would really prefer that I not join in. Maybe you didn't know this about me, but I'm apparently 'no fun'. However, there are a few things that I love about the NWF.


1. The uniforms. G's is her flowered-dress swimming suit. (not to be confused with her 12 other swimming suits-you see, G's normal attire for the day is always a swimming suit; which one gets worn is decided on what activities she has planned for herself that day.) So, it's not just any swimming suit, it must be this one, worn with cream-colored tights and a cream colored t-shirt underneath. J can wear whatever he wore for the day, but he must wear a cape. (this is our tan down throw blanket).

2. The wrestling names. G has given each member of the NWF a name to be known by in the wrestling world, they are as follows:

G- her name is Wressa the Wrestler (Wressa for short). I like it because its simple and descriptive, while at the same time achieves the purpose of a wrestler’s name, which is, of course, to strike fear into their opponents.

S - G has lovingly named him ...are you ready for this......Weiner. We do not know why. But she says it with a straight face, which I have yet to master.

J - J has the most noble of the names, he is called "The Great Ricoco". And while I am not a huge fan of the use of quotation marks, (or am I?) because of the rampant misuse of them, I feel that a title such as this really deserves some sort of formal punctuation.

J – You’re probably wondering….hey, wait, why is he listed twice? He actually plays the part of two separate wrestlers depending on who G is in the mood to wrestle with. The name of the second wrestler is Man-Fro. Something special about Man-Fro is that Wressa only addresses him in a southern drawl.

On the rare occasion that I am invited to play, I am known as Tracy, which may seem like a lame title, but when G explains my name, it actually sounds like a compliment...no, an honor. She says it rhymes with Gracie. nuff said.

10 comments:

alerixon said...

Awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

HILLLLLLARIOUS! LOL... :)

Jules said...

Wow, that is intense. It doesn't get that good at our house.

pamela said...

tracy, i love that! i think you're fun. i understand that dad's are more fun though.

lisa said...

i think "tracy" is more like man-fro's arm-candy. a good wrestler always shows up to the event with a hot woman (or three) on his arm(s). and i bet your costume for that would be awesome.

Vanessa said...

i could totally pull that off. skankiness is definitely my thing. man-fro liked the sound of it, too.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Having 3 sons I totally get the whole "wrestling" thing. However, they want to know if Dad can go 'beat them up' which sounds terrible but in their little world that means wrestle around. Keep up the blogging. It is great!

Kim said...

If I were you I would seriously be petitioning for a tougher sounding name. No offense to any real life Tracys out there but with a name like that, you're just asking to get beat up. Maybe you could talk Gracie into giving you a name like "Thunder" or "Ice." I don't know...something more American Gladiator-ish. You need a name with some serious sass and... well, Tracy just doesn't cut it. :)

Vanessa said...

well, lately she's been calling me 'thunder-buns'. i'm not sure if that's an improvement or not.

Anonymous said...

love to see your daughterspussy