Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More of a glass-is-half-full day....

Yesterday was kind of a glass-is-half-empty day. I have those days, I think we all do!  But here's what I focus on most of the time...
1. Luke is a delightful baby. Practically perfect in every way.
2. He is happy and alert and excited about new things. This is encouraging.
3. He has already blessed our lives in so many ways and I know that this is just the beginning.
4. I thank Heavenly Father every day (sometimes more than once a day) that Luke is here with me.

And there are of course all of the wonderful things about life other than my amazing baby boy. (but that also include Luke :) )
1. My other amazing boy. My Sam. Sweet and affectionate. He's got a grin and a hug for everyone. He lifts my spirits daily, even when I don't think they need lifting.
2. Amazing Grace. That Gracie is just an incredible kid. Smart and sensitive. And man is she a great helper! She loves Luke maybe as close to as much as I do...maybe. :)
3. And we can't forget the man that made this all possible, my BFF, Jared. I can't imagine a scenario in which my partner could be any more perfect for me. He is so even-keel and fun and just everything I'm not. He takes care of me in a way that no one else could (or would). I have a lot of imperfections and baggage, but he doesn't care about that. He loves me, and he makes sure that I know it. And don't even get me started on what a great father he is! He is the perfect balance of fun, caring, excitement, teaching, loving and kindness. Let's face it, he's the favorite parent here. And I totally understand that, he is my favorite, too.

OK, enough with the heavy.  Gracie got a new bus driver this week, and that was pretty big news around here.
G: "Mom, we got a new bus driver yesterday!"
V: "Well, wow, that's fun."
G: "Yeah, actually she really reminds me of you."
V:  "Oh, yeah? How so?"
G: "She just likes to wear her hair in ponytails and wear like, lounge clothes and stuff."

Lounge clothes and stuff.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Laughing so hard about Gracie's comment right now!

Jana said...

I love lounge clothes and stuff. As I'm sitting here now I'm wearing lounge clothes and stuff. And a ponytail! :)

alerixon said...

In your amazings you forgot one very important person! Nessa you are an absolutely amazing mother, sister, friend . . . I could go on and on. I love you!

Alisa said...

Sweet things to share :-)

I also love Gracie's comments...heheee! But I'm sure the bus driver doesn't look NEARLY as good as you in those do's!!!