
So tonight while I was watching TV (Glee &
Eastwick, the only shows I'm interested in watching this fall...anyone have any recommendations for other shows?), I saw repeated
commercials for Old Navy's new "Frost-Free Vests".... Really? The puffy vest is back again for another winter?...what a puzzling phenomenon. Am I the only one who doesn't get it? When do you ever need something that is extremely warm around your middle while offering absolutely no covering on your arms? What kind occasion would call for such a strange piece of outerwear?
13 comments:
I just got one of these in red, but not from Old Navy. I LOVE it! I've never had one before and it is absolutely perfect for the San Francisco weather. Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring. It's all pretty much the same in San Francisco with the overcastskies and wind. Having a nice warm poofy middle keeps your whole body warm. It's a keeper :)
You WOULD buy a puffy vest, sarah! I hope you and your vest will very happy together.
No, really though, you know how usually a person has one part of them that if it's cold, then you are freezing? Some people, it's their necks, some people it's their legs, or their heads, well, for me, it's most definitely my arms. I could be wearing a bikini in the winter, (well, I wouldn't, for the sake of people's eyes) but if I had on some sort of arm covering on, I would be perfectly fine.
Yeah, I don't get vests either, but the show you should be watching is Community. It has Joel McHale, and so far we have LOLed at each episode. Very funny.
I totally agree with you. I've never owned a puffy vest, and never plan to...why would I when my arms are always cold? I'm glad you don't get it either.
if anything, all we need are the sleeves.
I thought the same thing about the arms...until I actually wore the vest into San Francisco! I was nice and toasty warm, there's something about once your middle is warmed up, it spreads to the rest of your body. And my arms are usually the first thing to get cold too. I tell you, you'll never know until you try it!
-the girl in the puffy vest
Who knew there was so much puffy vest hatred in the world!? I'm with your friend Sarah-I love puffy vests! I agree, the concept is a little weird but given the right scenario, they are actually the perfect option! I find mine most useful in the fall, when the weather is not too hot and not too cold- it's nice middle ground.
They are also useful in the winter if you are going from outside to inside- think shopping at the mall or even better, shopping at place simliar to Easton where you are continually going from outside to inside- You want to wear a coat to get inside but once inside you'll be too hot in a full-on coat. The puffy vest is, once again, the perfect alternative! :)
Not much to say on the puffy vest controversy, but aren't Glee and Eastwick some of the best shows eva! Nikki of all people got me started on Glee, I caught up on them last night. By far one of the coolest things ever broadcast on TV has to be the football players Beyonce-rific single ladies dance.
I agree! I saw Costco's version of this last night and was equally puzzled.
I am the same way about my arms and I also agree about community. Nate can't get enough of it!
I'm totally with you. Sometimes I think..."Oh, that could be cute..." but then I think about how ROUND that would make my middle look (and my short torso looks round enough!), and then the inpracticality of COLD arms has me ditching the idea altogether.
Hmmm...totally enjoying Glee. Absolutely ridiculous, but totally enjoyable :-)
So I watch Glee too. I'm glad to find a fellow watcher because when I told one friend that I liked it she said, "Really!? I was so offended that I turned it off!" How was I supposed to respond to that?
I totally agree. A puffy vest would make me er... puffier. Not good.
Post a Comment