Yesterday was J's first official day of teaching official students. He's going to make a great teacher. He is really excited about teaching and wasn't even nervous on his first day. I can guarantee you that if it were me, I would have been peeing my pants often out of nervousness. I probably would have faked 'sick' on my first day teaching. (and probably every day after that, too). I guess that's why he's the high school teacher, and not me.
*Frequent use of the words tardy and unit.
*I might show up to school in a midriff because of my need to fit in with high school girls.
*Drinking milk from cardboard cartons makes me dry heave.
*Inappropriate crushes on high school boys.
(and this is the short list)
oh yes, and in true high school fashion, i would like to dedicate this song to J from V. I think you're really cool and we should hang out sometime.
6 comments:
I bet Jared is the best teacher ever.
Hooray for Jared! What subject is he teaching?
How exciting for ya'll. I'm sure you will love it there. He will be an awesome teacher.
He looks so grown up and official in that classroom with all those kids! Good for Jared!
YES!!! LOVED the Billy Madison song! Amazing how I still have it memorized. And since it's my first day back to school, I rededicated it to me (in my head). And P.S. I tried calling you like 3 times in OH and never got a call back. So does the disease include returning calls? Do I actually have to have the knack of calling when you're home and available to talk? And PPS Jared looks great as a high school teacher!
By the way...drinking milk from a carton makes me want to dry-heave, too. Quite literally. After the 2nd grade, and daily trips to the nurses office after lunch, they finally discovered I was allergic to that darn thing! I've never understood why I could put it in my cereal in the morning...
Oh, and I also have a very distinct memory in Elementary School, asking the lunch lady why the milk tasted like paint. She got a worried face, and told a co-worker, "See! I knew they shouldn't have put the milk in the truck that was just painted..."
Uh, yuck.
Post a Comment